Thursday, July 9, 2009

Golf, Lawn, and Pizza

Having these new Backwoods Smokers around has my mind spinning with things to cook. I can’t say which spurred this pizza cook on more, Old Dave’s wonderful cooks in his Backwoods, knowing I have two 15 ½ in Primo pizza stones, or the leftover burgers in the fridge. When I make burgers I season them heavy from inside out you might say. I add the seasonings to the meat before making the patties so the seasoning is inside and those highly seasoned and grilled burgers really added a lot to this pizza. Being a pizza lover I couldn’t find a way to resist all the temptations and I used the little bit of time left in my golfing day off yesterday to mow (bummer) and then fix this pizza. I started with a recipe of basic food processor dough which I thought was a complete disaster until the one hour rising time had finished. It turned out great and it also allowed Sue to fix a couple of sausage (can’t remember the name, con____ something like that) turnovers full of mushrooms, peppers onions. Next after the mowing was sautéing the onions, bell peppers, and mushrooms (just sliced the Jalapenos real thin and didn’t sauté them). I used store bought roasted garlic Alfredo sauce and was hoping it would work with my idea of having the pizza taste something like a “hamburger” and the fresh tomato was suppose to add to the hamburger flavor idea. If I’m fixing or buying the pizza it’s gonna have them little dead and hairy fish (anchovies) and you can barely see those on the pie. Think I’ll take this whole idea a few steps further with some lettuce, pickles, mustard, and mayo one day and see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment