Monday, February 27, 2012

Focaccia and Tri Tip

We love this bread and have it often so I had to try baking it. This is a no knead bread and the dough goes into the baking pan like a batter rather than a bread dough. Of course never having made it before I was surpised by that and pleased at the same time as it makes the task much easier. Another great thing about this bread is all the various topping you can apply to it. We used thin sliced sauteed red onion, coarse sea salt, and fennel seed. The batter had a good amount of Oregano leaf included. I think everyone should google a focaccia recipe and try it especially if you love Focaccia.

I am a red meat lover and I like it cooked to the doneness you see here which is what I call Medium or about 140 internal. The normal grilling method consisting of a very HOT fire and turning as many times as need was not used on this cook. Instead, I used a method I have heard being used by many that turned the heat down real low to about 225 and cooks until the internal meat temp is 120 or not far from the "rare" stage, then transfer it to a very hot fire for just a few min to sear the outside. This makes it very easy to sneak up on your perfect finish temp.

No comments:

Post a Comment