Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Thinking Outside The Box

Being inventive is especially important when work or busy schedules hamper putting together a great meal. I find that not all the ingredients have to be made from scratch especially if some of them will be. This past Sunday we made it around the flea market and picked up some home made flour tortillas & a single avocado from a small hispanic stand just because they looked good and we felt sure we would find a good use for them. Mondays are always hectic at our place of business and just before heading home we decided to go through the drive thru for some Zaxby Chicken Fingers and make some wraps for our supper. The idea came together because of what all we knew we had on hand which was the tortillas and avocado I just mentioned but also we had some fresh leaf lettuce, onions, Salvadorian Creama, home cooked pinto beans, and home made salsa verde. Need I say more...I don't think anyone could taste of one of these bad boys and have a problem with where the Chicken Fingers came from. Now I've gone and made myself hungry just thinking about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment