Friday, November 19, 2010

Two Soups In One

Well this is about the dangedest thing I ever done. I made pork Posole the other day out of some left over spare rib trimmings and seriously miss judged the broth vs how much meat I had and we wound up with a big pot of nice chili broth which consisted of about 5 bucks worth of dried guajillos and no meat. We saved the broth not knowing what we were saving it for and next day the thought came to mind that all I had to do was add more meat. Since we just needed enough for one meal I headed to the nearest meat counter that I could just buy one or two chicken breast, took them home trimmed all the fat and added to the pot along with another can of hominy and a few minutes later we had Chicken Posole. I cut the chicken into large pieces so you could have a Chicken Taco with your Posole.

No comments:

Post a Comment