Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Visitation Day...

Yeah I knew that would get your attention and noooo it wasn’t the jailhouse, it was the nursing home. I haven’t got any personal experience in either place but I have to think there would not be much difference in them. I haven’t ever visited anyone that had enough money to go into one of those “Retirement” homes, so all my visiting has been in a plan old nursing home and I don’t like them much. Anyway Sunday I visited my Aunt Neeber (on my Mom’s side) and my Aunt Mary Lou (Dad’s side) and the first visit was very sad, as Aunt Neeber is just not doing well. On the other hand Aunt Mary Lou seemed to be doing better than the last time and as a bonus Aunt Mildred made it down to visit while we were there which made it nice to get to see those three in the same day. While I was there Mary Lou noticed how bad my brogans needed polishing and told me about it and it reminded me of a long time ago when I was sixteen, what! 44 yrs ago! Wow. I guess she knew I really wanted some new shoes and she let me drive her new little yellow Mustang with her to Chattanooga to a big department store and look for shoes. I fell in love with some cordovan and black saddle oxfords and she wound up buying them for me. But not before she managed to get the price brought down a good bit by noticing a tiny little mark on the leather right down about where the uppers are sown to the sole. She was persistent as she always was and we got a good deal I’m sure. I don’t know if she was thinking about that day when she noticed Sunday how bad my shoes needed polishing but I hope she was and I need to go back by there and show her my new shoe shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment