Sunday, November 13, 2011

Beef Shanks

"The Closer To The Bone, The Sweeter The Meat." Use to hear that old saying a lot and I don't know where the saying came from but for me it definitely holds true. Two examples of meat that I prefer on the bone would be, Chicken Breast and Ribeyes. Another example most are less familar with unless you are a big fan of Authentic Mexican food would be the Beef Knuckle that sometimes come as an extra prize in Munudo. I had to learn this by observation at a restaurant I went to often and watched the customers there eat soup for breakfast while I would always have Huevos Rancheros. It didn't take me long to ask to try their soup and found out it was Munudo and by then I had already picked up on using a corn tortilla for an eatable napkin to pick it up with and nibble the delicious meat off the bone. There's just something about that meat next to the bone. That brings us to the Beef Shank and that wonderful bone with the Marrow inside that can be scooped out with a spoon and put on toast points or any other bread. It's simply delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment