Sunday, January 3, 2010

Mexican Cooking

I cooked this meal to make another stab at duplicating the wonderful sauce that Benjamin does at Espinoza's Mexican Restaurant on 5th Ave and that I've tried over and over to make and have successfully been able to duplicate the flavor but not the texture. His is silking smooth and the flavor is that of a mole but thinner. It's not a sauce for dip although I love it that way too and he always serves a container of the traditional salsa for your chips along with this sauce which in my book is the best thing this side of heaven on all your meats and tacos. I went back to the morter and pestal hand grinding method and slow roasted the dried chile peppers before starting with them first in the long grinding ordeal trying to make the perfect sauce. I added roasted garlic, tomatoes, broth, and jarred mole. I think my next stab at it will be back to the blender and just try to make a paste which will then be used a little at a time to mix with broth for the final sauce. Anyway back to what makes a nice steak taco dinner is what you see which is pico de gallo, lime, avocado, rice, homemade tortillas, and refried beans (NOT). These were blackeyed peas from the other day and I do believe they are better than pintos for the refried bean dish.

Good Cooking To Ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment