Sunday, March 28, 2010

Long & Eventful Weekend

Man it's just a blur beginning with a trip to So Pittsburg, Tn to pick up an initial order of 7 Traeger grills and various other products. After getting them back and before closing Friday I did manage to get one completely assembled before calling it a day. So all I wanted to do Saturday was put two of the other grills (different models) together and wait on Charles W to stop by and pick up his Backwoods Competitor. Man what a nice cooker in that big Competitor, heavy though, but I managed carting it out and helped secure it inside his trailer for the trip back to Tn. After that there was little time for what I really wanted to do which was to fire up the demo Traeger and cook some things on it and as usual I had planned on doing way too much and only got to cook some pork and chicken strips on skewers. Soon as I got those cooked, which was no easy chore with the high winds we had, I headed home and they then became our supper. Being the gluten for punishment I am I also had a big butt and brisket to cook and although really too tired to do the all nighter, I went ahead and cooked those on the little Backwoods Chubby after carefully re-engineering an old Primo guru adapter to fit the Backwoods and used a Stoker on it instead of the guru. The butt and brisket was no better or worse than usual which was a big disappointment as I thought I had changed things up a good deal and was hoping for something better than usual. They might have done pretty well if the top teams were not around. Here's a pick of the grilled chicken, which was marinated in soy and pineapple and then sprinkled, with Sweet n Heat. This might be a good time to remind anyone that reads any of my ramblings that I am not a writer and grammar was never my strong suit.

1 comment:

  1. i don't see nuutin wrong wit yer grammer OR yer food!

    ReplyDelete