Monday, August 23, 2010

Pigs n Peaches BBQ Contest

You just never know what scores to expect judges to give you and this was a contest that stands above all others in being a huge disappointment in where we wound up. I make it a habit to never predict how well I think I might do prior to the scores being announced but I definitely was thinking we were in great shape and was looking for a few calls at awards but it was not to be. Not only did we not get those few calls, we fell down below average. So, I'm just going to hold onto the fact that I am still proud of how well I managed the cook without my cooking partner this weekend and try a little harder next time. Congrates to Craig Cardell and wife of The Right Stuff bbq team that won this contest using my old Backwoods Fatboy cooker (I knew I shouldn't have sold that smoker), and a big congrates to Charles from SC for 2nd place and to all the other teams that got called to the stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment