Monday, August 16, 2010

Smoked Pot Roast

I really like the way the thin cut bone in Chuck Roast cooks for a Pot Roast. This one was cooked in my Primo ceramic cooker which is seldom used anymore. All my other cookers were loaded up in the trailer for the Kennesaw Pigs n Peaches contest this coming weekend and I really wanted to test some new food and pitt probes on my Stoker. The little Primo did a great job and the Stoker held the temp about as steady as your kitchen stove. I kept this simple and only used a little kosher salt, fresh ground blk pepper, and garlic powder for the seasoning on the meat and 0 smoking wood in the cooker. After the meat hit 170 or so I transfered it to the water pan below and added the carrots, onions, celery, and tiny potatoes. Good food and one of my fav meals.



No comments:

Post a Comment