Monday, January 10, 2011

Homemade Summer Sausage

Sooner or later people will start to know and appreciate the Traeger Pellet Grills. I have cooked with many different types of smoker grills and the one thing that stands out with this cooker is the EASE OF USE. Even with an experienced cook like me that never has a problem with operating various cookers, the EASE OF USE factor will definitely result in cooking more than you would without this pellet cooker. I did a double grind on 12 lbs of top round and 3 lbs of lean pork using the fine grind on the second pass. This meat was in steak form and thin so it was easy to cut into small cubes and I like putting the cure / seasoning on before grinding. Packed as tight as I could and smoked until an internal of 152. The taste test this morning says this is well worth the effort and I sure wish I could have got this done before Christmas for presents like I planned but I doubt the recipients will complain on getting theirs late.



No comments:

Post a Comment