Monday, January 17, 2011

Italian Spaghetti and French Bread

I made this spaghetti using a pack of Johnsonville Hot Italian Sausage links and a handful of smokey Canadian Bacon I made and the smokey bacon really made the dish special. It also had the benefit of home grown canned tomatoes, and some fresh basil and was cooked real slow, man it was good. I made the pasta from scratch and that was a first for me but definitely won't be the last. Making it was easy except for cutting it out and I did a poor job of that and got them too big. We finally convinced ourselves that we needed a stand mixer enough to actually go ahead and buy one yesterday and I think that's the best purchase I've made in a long time. Think about it, baking bread makes your house smell soooo good, fresh baked bread is one of the pleasures of life especially for a bread lover, and it should pay for itself as high as bread is getting these days.



No comments:

Post a Comment