Sunday, May 1, 2011

What Was In The Fridge

Someone made Stuffed Pablano Peppers kinda like this and I've made them myself in the past but having been reminded of them I just had to make them again. I had two pounds of Chorizo I made and vac sealed few months ago and this was already a "clean out the fridge day" so I thought I might do two dishes. The stuffing included more of just what was on hand - Chorizo, black beans, sautéed onions, minced jalapenos, crumbled and toasted left over cornbread, cheese, and spicy V-8 juice. I needed to do something with a little Easter Ham and it wound up in a Baked Ramekin dish with a stuffing covering the ham which included: bread crumbs, pineapple and it's juice, onions, celery, roasted red peppers, cheese, and an egg to bind. We made the Poplanos our dinner and I tasted the Ham dish and both turned out real good considering they were made with just what was on hand.


No comments:

Post a Comment