Thursday, February 23, 2012

Enchaladas w/BBQ Pulled Pork

Always one to try and make the best use of good BBQ as possible, I made these Enchaladas. The Ancho Chili gravy adds a lot of home made flavor to the dish and makes it a lot better than using the canned variety of sauce. Ole El Paso is good - but not near this good. I was actually making another attempt and copying my favorite local salsa and got side tracted and put it away in a paste form for later use. It was made with comal grilled onion, garlic, and tomatillos and blended with broth and Ancho Chili powder. To make the gravy I fried the paste in a little Lard and added the broth.
Tamales are not really worth the effort for me personally when Enchaladas can be made this easy and good. I know they are not the same thing but I just love Enchaladas and you can make them so many ways using various sauces and meats.

No comments:

Post a Comment