Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Stuffed & Smoked Bologna

Not everone is a bolo fan - but I am. With the cost of food through the roof these days a hefty pack of good quality sandwich meat will set you back some change. I like deli meats like roast beef, turkey, ham and such but really bologna is good enough for me unless I'm going to roast that meat myself. Soooo, with that in mind I saw Cowgirls (see fav blogs in sidebar)stuffed bolo and had to try it myself. I felt I made a mess of it and didn't even try to stuff the second half of it I had but it turned out a lot better in appearence than I thought it would after setting in the fridge. Using a long thin bladed knife to spiral slice it, I used slices of Provalone, 3 kinds of Olives, and some Pickles then tied it with sting and smoked it for 90 min. Sure was a nice surprise to have it look good and taste great both.

No comments:

Post a Comment