Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Vinegar Slaw & Pork Chops

I have always and everyone I know around these parts have always made cole slaw with mayo. I guess I just never felt the oil and vinegar could possible be as good - I WAS WRONG! I took my time and cut the cabbage, red bell pepper, carrots, green onions into simular threads all about the same size. Into the tossed veggies, add salt, celery seed, canola, and cider vinegar. Then toss and let set a couple of two to three hours or even a day if you like. Instead of using all cider vinegar though I replaced half of the vinegar with some habenaro / carrot hot sauce I made last year that is about the same consistency as vinegar but of course has a good kick to it. You talk about kickin up a samwich. WhooooBaby. If a pulled pork with BBQ Sauce is as good as I hear it's is with this stuff on it or if it's any better than this pork chop sammwich, I doubt if I could stand it.

No comments:

Post a Comment