Thursday, April 30, 2009

MexiJoe Sandwich & Flat Iron Steak

After a day or two of pork and chicken it was time for some beef. I refuse to grill beef that has to be defrosted with a microwave but dont have a problem with nuking it for the skillet so we just made a big ole sammich with onion and garlic chopped fine in with the meat and used the big mexi bread which worked perfect for holding it all in. Kinda like a Made Rite or Sloppy Joe. Last night I had this flat iron that I cut myself and kinda didnt get it the same thickness from one end to the other but since Sue likes DONE DONE beef it worked fine. I was outta lump except for was was left from the last cook and just piled it up on the left side in the steamer pan. I wasnt coming up to temp as fast as a full pan of new lump and I thought the meat was so close to the fire that it wouldnt hurt to go ahead and put it on even though the cooker was only at 350. I was right this steak was about as good as steak gets and I was sure ready for some good steak.">

No comments:

Post a Comment