Friday, July 31, 2009

Easy Spaghetti Dinner

Why would anyone get the least bit excited about a spaghetti dinner you might ask? Well aside from the fact it was darn good, maters is still at their peak for many of us and everyone wants to get the most bang for their buck with the luscious vine ripe, home grown maters the way I think this dish does. Add to that the task of cooking something on a work night that is better than average without breaking your neck and putting it on the table late to boot and that describes why I wanted to tell ya bout this dish. Turkey sausage never tasted so good! I started by removing the sausage from the thinnest casings I ever seen and crumbling into a skillet with a good amount of EVOO and quickly seasoned it with some good poultry rub. I poured the fat off a couple of times to keep it from washing off the rub and I didn’t want it in the finished dish. When the meat had enough browning I added chopped onion and garlic and cooked a few minutes then added two smashed and chopped maters with juice and all. Cooked till the liquid was reduced by about half and added enough jarred sauce to make it as thick as I wanted. We had some whole wheat pasta and added basil and parmesan cheese at the table, served with bread and pesto. Hmmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment