Thursday, July 16, 2009

How I Made Pizza From Scratch

Using a recipe for basic pizza dough but not using a food processor because I thought I had nearly K.O.'d our brand new mixer last time, I managed to mix this up and have it turn out completely sucessful. Using 3 cups of flour but starting with just 1 1/4 cups at first added to 1 cup hot water, 1 pack yeast, 1 tbs salt, 1 tbs honey and mix for 3 min. I just did this with a whisk and switched to a spoon when I started to gradually add in more of the 3 cups flour. For more flavor I added a tbs dried oregano to the hot water / yeast mixture. After adding all the flour and mixing till dough pulls from sides of bowl I poured it out on a floured work surface and kneaded for 3 or 4 minutes then placed in a greased bowl and covered with plastic to double in size before finially punching it down and cutting in half to make one 12 in pizza (we'll use the other half for a friday night pizza). Until we buy a big mixer this will probably be my preferred method for the home made pizza dough but the pre-made dough is pretty hard to beat. It kinda depend on how good the toppings are and last nights leftover steak made a dang good pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment