Monday, July 6, 2009

Ribs Cooked On The Fatboy

I’m pretty sure I’m going to love cooking on the FatBoy. The spares were top notch and I pulled a lil bit early as one rack was being vac sealed for bil which I think is bout to pull the trigger on a smoker. I need to remember to remove the RED cutting board when making pics. The rib cook was after Saturdays 18 which was the first time on the course in SIX MONTHS. I had a good time but lost a whopping 50 cents on close ups but pared the 18th hole to win the last six for me and my partner.


Cooking Chicken In The Chubby

Yesterday it was time to rub the Chubby down with oil and fire it up for the first time and do a chicken cook. The chicken turned out real nice but I didn't load enough lump and I used lump instead of briquets. Ran out about the time to glaze em and had to reload. I was using water during the cook as I wanted to let the cooker run an hour or two at 350 after coating the inside with oil. I could have finished if had used a full load of briquets. I know most everyone cooks chicken in the Chubby without water but I wanted to burn the cooker in with the water pan and didn’t want to change the setup before starting the chicken cook. I can’t wait to do them the other way – hopefully next weekend. We had plenty of pulled pork so a combo chicken & pork plate was ready around 6:30 yesterday. Wonder what you'd pay for that plate at a Q joint?

No comments:

Post a Comment