Thursday, May 6, 2010

Cornmeal Pig Candy

I'm loving firing up this Traeger demo at work - it saves us from spending so much for lunch and getting disappointed like yesterday because we get ripped with terrible food. Today we had jacked up BLT's minus the L cuz Sue forgot to bring it. I read something in a magazine that some canadian was just saying that our canadian bacon is not true canadian bacon and that they use pea meal on it when they make it and the article went of to say pea meal is the same thing as cornmeal - well I sure know what cornmeal is and am never out of it for very long. With this little bit of info and a recipe I read about making a paste of brown sugar, red pepper flakes, and balsamic vinegar, I proceeded to comibine the two ideas by including the cornmeal in the paste. Seems like there is a video on the net somewhere with a restaurant that serves bacon that is breaded and deep fried. I cooked these at 250 in the Traeger but I bet they would be good deep fried too. As for the BAD restaurant review - it was O'Henry's and they have served me many fine hamburger steak but yesterdays will be the last. Rather than that fine burger meat they always had before, they now have decided customers will go for the frozen burger (round) patty's that does not resemble real meat on the inside and would pass for a veggie burger. I called em on it in hopes to find that it was a temporary thing but they acted like I was the one with a problem - no more for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment