Sunday, May 16, 2010

What's Cookin

With a serious chicken practice in the works on our future BBQ contest we had to be sure to get off to a good start with a good breakfast. How much better could you ask for than this: bacon, hash browns, slow scrambled eggs, tortillas, and salsa verde. Pig candy has always meant thick sliced bacon with brown sugar and red pepper flakes cooked on the grill - may never happen again after today - this naked bacon crisped up just like it was fried and did it all by itself in the lil PK grill while I was fixen the rest of our meal. Sure was a good breakfast. As far as the chicken practice run - I'm pretty sure I got this one down pat. Heck, even the BBQ hating Sue ate it without a word. The method I use now takes all the muss and fuss out of the deal and is so easy and quick I can't believe it. Crispy skin, never too salty with all the crap I use to put on there and oh so good - I think the judges will love it.










No comments:

Post a Comment