Monday, June 21, 2010

Fathers Day Weekend

I think we did a pretty good job entertaining my Mom this weekend, she sure seemed to enjoy the cooking and even brought us a PEACH CRISP for Saturday nights desert (with ice cream). We didn't know if she was going to make it Sat night or come early Sunday morning and the amount of beef we had for CHEESE STEAK SANDWICHES we planned to have was steaching it for 3 and I hate skinny sandwiches, so we just made two loaded and cut em in 3rds. Served with some Oven Fries that I covered with foil for the first half of the cook and that took away from them crisping up the way they should have. The PRINGLE BATTERED CUBED STEAKS were so good a week or so ago when we had them for the first time I wanted to cut some down to breakfast / biscuit size for breakfast yesterday morning and everyone enjoyed the breakfast about as much as anything else and you will too if you do em this way. It sure is nice to have a really good tasting cantelope and tomato for a change, especially on a breakfast plate like this. Last night was fresh caught Bluegill and Catfish that #1 son Craig caught and gave us. We had slaw and hush puppies and a real nice Grilled Corn Relish I made with tomatoes, onion, fresh basil, Lowery's, blk pepper, grilled corn off the cob, evoo. I really don't know which meal I'd choose as my favorite if I had to rate em but it would be between the first two I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment