Monday, June 14, 2010

Sirloin Tip Roast

I see no reason to eat junky stuff when with a little planning and food smarts in general you can eat the quality homemade things you like. This Shaved Beef is becoming mighty popular at the house and the bonus is that it is not very expensive. I injected this a couple of hours before putting it on with Kosmo's beef injection and put a heavy layer of Treagers Prime Rib rub on it before cooking it with a good deal of hickory for smoke at 300 degree till the internal meat temp was 130. After resting 30 min it was exactly what I wanted it to be with rare in the center and graduating to medium, and well done on the outside. I cooked it right on the grate but had a pan of apple juice and water underneath that made a nice au jus for steak last night. I will slice and vacuum seal tonight to be used in various ways but our favorite is to make Philly Cheese Steak sandwiches with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment