Monday, September 13, 2010

Albondigas en Chipotle (Mexican Meatballs)

Here's a recipe I keep going back to cuz it's very good. Started this with grinding my own chuck and used the whole 2 lbs for the recipe omitting the 1 lb of ground pork. I don't know that I've ever included the one lb pork or not but I'm sure it's good, it's just easier this way. I would like to try it and maybe even make it with ground lamb once too. You can find this recipe in my online recipe file along with about 600 other hand picked recipes here. I made up the meat balls first and used pickled eggs instead of just plain boiled eggs to stuff in the center of each meatball. Then I made my Chipotle Sauce using the canned Chipotles Adobados and I just love this product and never made real good Chile till I started using this in it. Everything in the sauce gets ground and I just used a food processer. So with the sauce made and cooked down a bit and the meatballs ready it was out to the smoker where I used a holy veggie stir fry pan to hold the meatballs over the sauce and cooked directly over the charcoal till the meat was cooking and almost done. At this point I removed the pot of sauce and browned up the meatballs directly over the coals to add a bit more flavor, then back in the sauce they went. Served on some nice rolls, but these are equally good and maybe even better served with hot tortillas. I made this recipe and took to the Mobile, Al contest once and everybody loved it and it wasn't hard to do since I made up everything at home before leaving for the contest.

No comments:

Post a Comment