Sunday, October 17, 2010

Big BBQ Bash

"it was a festive time for sure" - Most contest are centered around a festival of some sort for the community and this one just seemed to be special in a way that I can only describe as a "one on one personal type thing that just kept getting more so as neighbor got to know neighbor". I know all contest are that way but since this one was as small as it was I think it was more so. Big John Molloy and his boys took the Grand Championship with some excellent Pulled Pork, Ribs, and Chicken and I know because we all tasted each others final product after each turn in and that was really fun and I learned that all 3 were very good. My friend Vern was close behind with 3rd Overall and a first in Ribs. John was our neigbor on one side and the other guy you see was the neigbor on the other side and he my friends treated everyone to some of the most awesome 2 in T-Bone you ever had in your life.

Vern's Homemade Smoked Sausage for the Anything But entry. I'm not just saying this and I told him the same thing "this is the best Smoked Sausage I every tasted bar none.



Me and Verns "Better half's"



Our neighbors that cooked that awesome T-Bone just right.



John Molloy, the Grand Champion and very happy camper.

No comments:

Post a Comment