Thursday, October 14, 2010

Time For A Hot Dog

I love a good hot dog and decided to make a Hot Dog Plate like they do at the Cremo Drive In. The Cremo has been in business here since I was little, probably over 50 years. Mr Poag became a large property owner and a millionaire opening new ones all over two or three counties and selling them or leasing them to folks that wanted to get into the restaurant business. When you order your Hot Dog or Hamburger as a Plate you get Fries and Slaw with it. I never get the Plates but since we're just playing with our food here, I thought it would be fun to have em that way just once in honor of Mr Poag.

2 comments:

  1. I have been eating slaw dogs from the Cremo since 1955 when I lived in Dalton. Every year when I go back home I must go by the Cremo and get a hot dog with slaw and one with chili. They are still the best in the world. I don't know who will go first, me or them, but the ride has sure been fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish I had the slaw recipie. I have tried to duplicate but mine never comes out like theirs.

      Delete