Monday, December 6, 2010

Chili Stuffed Peppers

I decided to take some leftover brisket and make chili with it then mix it with rice and stuff a couple of bell peppers that were about to go to waste. I baked the peppers in a pan of water and let them cool first, while they were cooling I put the meat in a non stick pan and got some browning on them before pouring a cup of expresso in the pan to cook the meat till it was very tender. Added the usual chili ingredients (always include several chipotles in adobo) and let simmer while the rice was cooking then mixed in the rice and stuffed the peppers and topped each pepper with pepper jack cheese. Since it was time for breakfast and not a thing in the kitchen for breakfast, I decided to take some of that chili and rice and add an egg on top and call that breakfast and it worked just fine for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment