Sunday, January 15, 2012

Chili Glazed Pork Loin

I ran up on a bone in Pork Loin and I liked the Prime Rib last week on the Pellet cooker so well, I decided to give it the same treatment. Lot different spices went on it though – I used about six seeded guajillo toasted and soaked in hot water in the blender along with several chopped cloves of garlic, cumin, oregano, two chipotles in adobo and made a paste. The roast was tied and covered with the paste about 1 hr before time to go in the cooker. Just before putting it on I scrapped the paste off and added a good amt of coarse sea salt and blk pepper and smeared the paste back on over the salt and pepper, then added about 2 cups of water to the pan. Cooked 1 hour at 350 and turned down to 325 and started basting every 15 min before covering with foil for the last 15 min and it took an additional hour to reach 135 before pulling it off for the rest where it rose to 142 before slicing. I could not cut through the bottom bone on the ribs and had to slice the ribs off before making the sliced portions of loin to serve and was disappointed that I didn’t realize that before hand and cut them off and tie them back on before starting the cook. Maybe I could have used a cleaver to cut through that bone but didn’t try it, maybe next time we’ll have the handles on the chops.

No comments:

Post a Comment