Friday, January 20, 2012

Tostasdas Made With Beef Brisket

Let's talk Tostadas. I cook a lot of barbecue and often have some to vacuum seal for later use and brisket, particularly, the point or thick fatty end of a whole one is my favorite leftover bbq for use in all kind of ways. This portion of a brisket is normally cubed and cooked even longer than the rest to give you what we call "Burnt Ends". The best dish I have made with these Burnt Ends of Brisket however is this Tostadas dish. I did a rough dice on the meat and carmelized in a skillet with very little oil - you could say at that point it had been double carmelized. The assembly of the Tostadas consisted of the standard condiments of Refried Beans, Shredded Lettuce, Chopped Tomato and Onion, Cilantro, and Crumbling Cheese. I knew this was going to be a good dish so I made my sauce from scratch using dried Guajillios and Chipotles in Adobo.
The pictures here are terrible and were made with a phone (camera batteries died) but they look better when enlarged by clicking them.

No comments:

Post a Comment