Monday, April 19, 2010

Golf, Bum Knee, Yard Work, & My Favorite Meal

Normally yard work is reserved for Saturday but not this past Sat because I learned that my bum knee would not take walking 18 holes even with the little electric pushcart. I love walking but just can’t do it anymore – anyway I couldn’t work so I cooked a couple racks of lamb. I really like these little lollipops so I came up with a nice sauce for em with Blues Hog Honey Mustard as the base and added a little white wine, minced and sautéed garlic, fresh lemon juice, and fresh mint. Just cracked salt and pepper on the lamb.


With the no yard work Saturday in the books and the knee rested a bit it was time to get that big old yard mowed and make a round with the weed eater, but I saved time for my favorite dish in the whole wide world. If they hang me tomorrow and give me a last meal request, right here it is. This is the best meat in the world and cooked with these wonderful root vegetables makes it even more special. I seared the meat in a deep cast iron pan and removed to a plate to sauté chopped onion, celery, bell pepper and minced garlic, added 12 oz of PBR, 6 oz of water and smoked it in the Backwoods Chubby till the meat was tender then added an appropriate amount of the parboiled root vegetable to the stew. We used sweet potato, rutabaga, carrots, zucchini, and onion. Served with mushroom risotto and rolls. It is my fav meal and this really is the best beef ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment