Sunday, April 25, 2010

Restaurant Review - El Pollo Allegre Mexican BBQ Restaurant

By golly here’s a restaurant review I’m proud to do. My friend Julio Salazar from Dalton just put the best Mexican meal on the table I’ve ever had. He bought a big Stump’s offset from me and I told him he could cook southern BBQ and I guess he took my word for it and is doing just that in a new and really nice place on Hwy 53 in Calhoun, Ga. along with a full Mexican menu. This ain’t no standard run of the meal food here folks, it stands alone in my book and I’ve made it my business to see what’s being served around our neck of the woods for a long time now. Everything we had would put the top restaurants to absolute shame and I’m talking by a long shot here. He’s been famous in Dalton for a long time now for his El Pollo Allegre place on Grimes St in Dalton and just could not see making a change in his “half chicken & free condiments" menu so he opened this place and you’ll find anything you want in the way of authentic Mexican along with our wonderful Southern Pulled Pork and Baby Back Ribs at this new place. The trio of his famous chicken, steak, and shrimp Fajitas are awesome – all three items were done to perfection – and served with the usual rice and bean and even they were special. This is a MUST TRY for anyone that loves fine food. It's just a 1/4 mi off I-75 on the left and next door to Ingles.

No comments:

Post a Comment