Monday, November 23, 2009

This & That Day Yesterday

My son’s Dennis & David were coming to put up that lone last piece of cabinet in our new kitchen we remodeled 2 years ago, so thought I’d do a lil Bottom Round Pot Roast and decided to use the little Backwoods Chubby as a grill for the first time. I like it! The ability to adjust the distance from the fire to the meat simply by pulling out the rack and moving it to a higher or lower runner would come in handy too although I didn’t need it here. Seasoned those with Cavenders and course salt and pepper, seared, and braised in beef broth. The vegetables wouldn’t go down in the pan cause I had so many and I think they took too much smoke because of that even though the smoking wood had long been used by the time they went into the cooker. The boys did a fine job on mounting that cabinet even if I did have to wait a couple of years. What’s a couple years anyway and besides it’s over the fridge and we can’t reach it without a latter. Also got a lil cleaning and just getting ready in general for that big turkey day coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment