Sunday, November 15, 2009

Top Sirloin & Tasso Maque Choux

Quality really does matter and the top sirloin from Sam's and Tasso from Findley's Butcher Shop in Acworth, Ga were certainly both very good quality. This 9 buck a pound pack of tasso has been hanging around in the fridge for a couple of months now just waiting for me to come up with just the right recipe and I think I found it with this Emeril Maque Choux recipe. Fresh corn, the Tasso, onion, garlic, red bell pepper, green onion, heavy cream. I made a little cilantro pesto to go with it. The top sirloin from Sam's had been hanging around about 2 weeks in the fridge as well as I just don't like to grill nice steaks until they have had some time in the fridge. It was a big pack and I removed them from the original packaging and vac sealed them first. If the steak is fresh when you get it, try a couple of weeks in the fridge cause you can really tell the difference. They looked and smelled so good when I opened them that it made you just want to eat em raw. The PK (Portable Kitchen) grill is the most underated grill in America and should be on every patio. I use to be crazy over ceramics but since cooking with the Backwood Chubby the long cooks (about 800 bucks) and grilling with the PK (about 200 or less). I would never consider anything else, especially considering the price.

No comments:

Post a Comment