Monday, July 5, 2010

Brisket Stuffed Peppers, Chorizo Quesadillas, & Chorizo Burritos

I'm gonna cook regardless I reckon and ya gotta eat something anyhow, and she that "thinks" she must be obeyed was doing a fine job on putting up corn all by herself so I fixed Dinna last night and Breakfast this morning for us while she was cutting, scrapping, and freezing all that corn. For the Dinna I had some really good brisket I cooked and food savered in March and used it to stuff some BELL PEPPERS the boys gave us from their garden. I used the chopped BRISKET, along with some sauteed ONION, GARLIC, TOMATOES, RICE, then layered that mixture in the peppers with cheese ever so often and cooked in the same pan of broth that I precooked the peppers in to soften them up a bit before stuffing. Ever now and then I would ladle some of that broth over the peppers as they cooked on my smoker with apple and cherry wood. I thought it would be nice to have QUESADILLAS with the peppers and I used flour tortillas and some local store made CHORIZO and shredded mozzerella and a few of them fresh mozzerella balls and cooked them on the grill and boy did that work good. Dinna was good but breakfast did not suk either. I had enough CHORIZO left to make BURRITOS and I love SOFT SCRAMBLED EGG AND CHORIZO BURRITOS, but you know you gotta have it all the way (I'm not a PURO BURRITO fan) so I heated some black beans along with some chopped onion and that herb that I can never remember the name of and had some rice left over from last night and chopped some onion and cilantro. These were small flour tortillas so they were more like tacos and I had the fresh made from scratch salsa verde from last night that I forgot to mention (did I mention we have more peppers than you can shake a stick at) so, definitely this breakfast was as good as any of our friends from south of the border have ever made.

No comments:

Post a Comment