Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Zucchini & Chicken Parmesan

Like a man on a mission my goal it seems lately is to use every zucchini out of our garden no matter what I have to come up with recipe wise to do it. Eggplant and not zucchini was suppose to be in this recipe but I'm satisfied how the little switch turned out. Let's see here, it has a large zuke that I sliced in 1/4 inch rounds and oiled both side and seasoned with salt and pepper then baked on a sheet pan till browned, turning once. Single layer of the baked zukes in bottom of baking dish, layer of tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, parmesan, fresh whole basil leaves, and boneless skinless breast that had been browned on each side and sliced. A second layer of the same and then ending with a third layer without the chicken. I was out of garlic but this recipe did not call for garlic and I was pleasantly surprised that I didn't miss it at all - this dish taste great. I did have one little glitch making this - I thought it would be a good idea to take the stick blender to a jar of tomatoes and that stick got away from me and made tomato juice before I knew what happened and I went ahead and made the dish with the juice and wound up having to dip some out at the end.


1 comment: