Monday, December 9, 2013

New Twist On Chili


I was in the mood for a pot of chili yesterday and thought about the recipe the Cook's Ilustrated guy had where they blended the veggie part of the recipe along with a big handful of chips to add to the meat once it was brown.  I like my chili fine but thought I would try this and it did turn out to be a nice pot of chili with a ton of flavor.  I like all my chili, soups, and stews to have a lot of broth and for chunks of tomato, and onion floating around in that the way I normally make it.  I also wouldn't give two cents for a beanless chili.  I must have been craving anything hot because I wound up making some salsa to go with the chips as well.  The great thing about making the brothless chili is that those things like cheese and sour cream really provides a nice touch to it and this was the first time I ever had chili with sour cream on top but it will not be the last.  





No comments:

Post a Comment