Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Sausage Balls (One Dish Meal)

I don't think I could have found a better use for these leftover Sausage Balls.  I started with a little evoo and added about a cup of chopped onion, 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper, 1/4 cup chopped celery, and 3 cloves of minced garlic.  After it cooked down a little I added about a cup of chopped button mushrooms, after they had cooked a few min, I added about two cups of fresh spinach and cooked that a few more min and added about two cups of cooked pasta, and fresh mozz, grated sharp cheddar, and pecorino cheese.  After the cheese was melted and combined with all the rest I nestled the sausage balls on top and poured about 1/2 cup of heavy cream in and covered the pan and let simmer until the sausage had time to heat through.  Served with yeast rolls.  



No comments:

Post a Comment